Thursday, May 9, 2013

'Marry a boy who travels' - I wish!


Today I read this article by a writer Lena Day :
http://wherearemyheels.com/2012/05/12/date-a-boy-whos-travelled

As I read this, I was impressed by how well she collated her thoughts, and a part of me was also envious that these are the exact thoughts that run in my mind, but never thought to write it down so beautifully as she has. When I think of the kind of guy I would like to be married to, I usually start with the adjective 'free spirited' as I call it in my mind, mostly as a result of the travel exposure that he has had in his life. Someone who loves to travel more than I do. Wouldn't that just be ideal :)? Sigh ... anyways, coming back to Lena's blog, you should read it! 

Here are a few excerpts from her blog that I loved the most!

"Find a boy who travels because you deserve a life of adventure and possibility. You deserve to live light and embrace simplicity. You deserve to look at life through the eyes of youth and with your arms wide open. Because this is where you will find joy. And better, you will find joy together. And if you can't find him, travel. Go. Embrace it. Explore the world for yourself because dreams are the stuff reality is made from.

Marry a boy who travels and he’ll teach your children the beauty of a single stone, the history of the Incas and he will instill in them the bravery of possibility. He will explain to them that masking opportunity there is fear. He will teach them to concur it.

And when you're old you'll sit with your grandchildren poring over your photo albums and chest of worldly treasures while they too insert themselves into your photographs, sparked by the beauty of the world and inspired by your life in it."

She has beautifully woven with her words the dream of every girl who loves to travel. Years later, I hope I can write back to say that I indeed found such a man in my life :)
Till then let's travel!

5 comments: