Monday, May 27, 2013

Travel Young ... Let it define the rest of your life.

This article has blown me away... I loved every word. It makes me dream to become one like him. To feel like a traveler from deep within. To feel that spirit entwined in me that I can confidently tag myself as a traveler,not just an amateur. Reading this may put you at guilt, but its a good thing. It might be the right trigger to wake up the sleeping love to travel. By sharing his article, I hope I can remind few more people of all the reasons he has mentioned to start travelling young; to make it a habit; to make you more human.

Enjoy reading! http://convergemagazine.com/travel-young-5278/ ... Here are few excerpts that might spark you to read the complete article:


" 'Yeah, but …' This phrase is lethal. It makes it sound like we have the best of intentions, when really we are just too scared to do what we should. It allows us to be cowards while sounding noble. Most people I know who waited to travel the world never did it.Conversely, plenty of people who waited for grad school or a steady job still did those things after they traveled."


"“We are what we repeatedly do,” Aristotle once said. While I don’t want to sound all gloom-and-doom, and I believe your life can turn around at any moment, there is an important lesson here: life is a result of intentional habits. So I decided to do the things that were most important to me first, not last."


"Youth is a time of total empowerment. You get to do what you want. As you mature and gain new responsibilities, you have to be very intentional about making sure you don’t lose sight of what’s important. The best way to do that is to make investments in your life so that you can have an effect on who you are in your later years.

I did this by traveling. Not for the sake of being a tourist, but to discover the beauty of life — to remember that I am not complete."

"You should take the time to see the world and taste the fullness of life. Traveling will change you like little else can. You won’t always be young. And life won’t always be just about you. So travel, young person. Experience the world for all it’s worth. Become a person of culture, adventure, and compassion. While you still can"


Now, what are you waiting for ?

No comments:

Post a Comment